Witcher 3 is a cross-platform action RPG launched by “CD Projekt,” and it finds its roots in the fantasy novel by “Andrzej Sapkowski.” In this article, I’m going to show you how you can easily install Witcher 3 Mods without the need of installing any additional software.
The process of modding depends upon a set of factors namely ―
- The device used to play the game
- The website from which you’re downloading the mods
- Patches and Mods should be free from any malware
- You shall have to take responsibility for the risks involved
Talking about the platforms, Witcher 3 is available to play on Windows, PlayStation 4, Xbox One and Nintendo Switch. The Mods, however, can be installed only on the Windows Platform.
There are no patches available for any of the console players above. But, they can still use some free DLCs for their much to do, fantasy fulfillment.
Moving on, I will explain the steps to apply the mods as under. Here we go.
Steps To Install Witcher 3 Mods in Microsoft Windows
The Witcher series of games has sold more than 30 million copies as of now. And that is why there are a lot of people looking for the patches everywhere on the internet.
Therefore, you need to carefully read each step and apply it to get your Witcher 3 mods working as per your requirements.
- Take a backup of the game files located in “Documents/Witcher 3″ first because the loss of records may lead to the corruption of game data.
- Find and Download the required mods from the websites like NexusMods, PCGamer, ZettaMods, etc.
- Create a “Mods” folder in the “Witcher 3 Directory.”
- Decompress the “Zip File” thus downloaded and Copy the “Plugins Folder” along with the “_.dll” files in the “Mods” folder
- The steps, as defined, are only for simple data changes. There can be more complex usages for which, You need to follow the too specific steps as mentioned, in the text itself.
- Be sure to download only those Witcher 3 Mods which are highly rated by other users.
- Keep yourself safe from installing ransomware or adware.
No matter how you look at it, the simplest solution to the most complex game situations lies in patching. Moreover, it can’t be ignored that serious gameplay is what teaches you how to tackle your real-life problems.
Although I love both the approaches equally, I believe this article of mine served your purpose on how you can install Witcher 3 Mods at ease. I’d like to see your views in the comments section below.