How to Use Kodi on Firestick (Watch Movies on Kodi with Amazon Fire TV): Hello Guys! Are you searching for a best resource to find complete user guide of Kodi for Firestick? Did you just buy a brand new Amazon Fire TV and installed a fresh Kodi set up in it? Or you just want to know how to watch movies on Kodi with Amazon Fire TV? If “Yes” then you have come to perfect place to look for: how to use Kodi on firestick?
How to Use Kodi on Firestick – Watch Movies on Kodi with Amazon Fire TV
Kodi is the popular media player software to watch Free HD Movies, TV shows, live sports matches and music videos. In this post, I will guide you to show each and every basic function of Kodi on Firestick. In addition to this, you will also get an easy way to watch movies on Kodi properly on Fiestick.
For the simplicity of the user I have divided this post into two parts. In the first part you will learn all the basic control functions of Kodi on Amazon Fire TV. While on the second part you will get step by step approach to watch movies on Kodi with full detail. So without any further delay let’s see: How to use Kodi on Firestick?
How to Use Basic Control Functions of Kodi on Firestick:
You will need to know the some basic control functions to use Kodi 17.4 media player on your Firestick properly. Here are the few common basic control function in the Kodi default skin i.e. Estuary for Amazon Fire TV.
1. Home Screen:
The Home screen is the central hub of Kodi to navigate all main options, Menus and Sub-menus inside it. You can easily navigate to various options like Movies, TV shows or Music videos with the help of Home screen. These various options play a very important role to learn: how to use Kodi on Firestick? Therefore, I have written a basic intro of all these options inside Home screen below:
By selecting movie option you can easily navigate to find all the movies with title inside your video library on Kodi.
This option will bring to all TV shows along with title inside your video library on Kodi.
You can easily navigate all the music files in your Kodi media player with the help of “Music option”. Music files can be selected by various options like Song name, Artist name, Genre, Album and with the help of year.
This option is also help to show Music but in terms of Music videos only! In addition to this, you can easily browse through your collection of Music videos with different categories like tags, Genres, titles, Album name, directors, Artists and also year.
You can easily watch, record and play live TV on your Kodi media player with “TV option”. Also, you need a PVR Add-on with Kodi to play live TV on Kodi with Firestick.
With this Radio option you can easily access radio channels on your Kodi media player Amazon Fire TV device. To be really honest I never used this Radio function. So, I know little about it for: How to Use Kodi on Firestick?
You can easily enhance the features of Kodi by install various Free Add-on with this Add-on option. Recently, I have written a well descriptive article to Install Covenant on Kodi 17.4 Firestick. Covenant is latest Kodi Add-on which help you to watch Free HD movies, TV shows and music videos on your Kodi 17.4 Krypton media player.
You can browse to all pictures files with the help of this option in Kodi. In addition to this, you can also check Add-ons related to picture and images.
This option will bring all the video content on your Kodi media player software in proper categories. You can navigate all videos file with different libraries like Movie library, Music video library, TV shows library, Video Add-ons and other playlists.
You can use this option to check or navigate all those items which you have marked as favorites on Kodi 17.4 Krypton Amazon Firestick.
With this Weather option you can easily check weather forecast of different places including your own local place. Most of the people want to access climate prediction with this option in “How to Use Kodi on Firestick?”
- How to install kodi on amazon fire tv
- Amazon fire tv kodi review
- How to install exodus on kodi 17
- Exodus kodi disappeared
- Best kodi 17 addons
- Installing exodus on kodi
- How to use exodus on kodi fire stick
2. Settings Menu:
You can easily access to different System Settings in Kodi by clicking “Gear Icon” just above Movies option. Any user wants to change, enable or disable some settings in Kodi. When you click System setting icon on home screen of Kodi then you will jump into new screen. This screen will consist of different setting options which are given below:
With Player setting you can configure settings like Play Next Video Automatically, Skip steps, Skip delay, Render Method, Adjust display refresh rate and many more. Also, you can set all other settings which are related to your media player.
You can modify many media related settings in this menu. In addition to this, you can use settings like Manage Video Source, Import Video library, Export Video library, Clean Video library and update Music library on startup.
PVR & Live TV settings:
This option will take you to the settings which are required for PVR and Live TV. You can easily configure settings like Enable/Disable Connection lost warning, Synchronizing Channel Groups with back-ends, search for channel and many more.
In this setting option you will see settings related to service such as General, Control, UPnP/DLNA, AirPlay and Weather. You can enable or disable various services in Kodi with this function: How to Use Kodi on Firestick?
You will get settings for Skin, Regional, Screensaver and Master Lock in Interface setting option.
This option will provide three main settings for Kodi skins i.e. General skin settings, Main Menu item settings and Artworks settings.
In the profile setting user can easily add, delete or modify different profiles for Kodi media player. When you click profile setting option in this then a new screen will pop up. On this screen you will get options like enable/disable login screen, Add profile and master profile for Kodi.
By clicking this option you will get various system settings options for your Kodi media player. This will include Display setting, Audio setting, Input setting, Internet access setting, Power saving settings, Add-on setting and logging settings.
This option will show all the details related to Kodi system.
You can use this option to log or save various events in the Kodi. All the records of the events are saved in Kodi: How to Use Kodi on Firestick.
This option is very much resemble to Windows explorer to navigate files. With file manger in Kodi you can easily do following things:
- Create, delete or Rename Folder and files.
- You can also add/tag various files to Favorite.
- Move files and folder to different directory.
- Can access size of Files and folders.
- How to Use Kodi on Firestick
- Watch Movies on Kodi with Amazon Fire TV
- How to use kodi on amazon fire tv
- Amazon fire stick kodi channels
3. Sidebar Menu:
You can automatically get sidebar menu when you scroll your cursor towards left side of the screen. Also, if you press ← key then sidebar menu will be shown up. On sidebar menu user easily get various options according to the directory or location in the Kodi.
4. Context Menu:
If you want to access some commonly used functions in Kodi then you can use context menu for this. Context menu will be shown if you long press OK key from your Amazon Fire TV remote. For PC user you can easily get context menu with the help of right click of the mouse. Options like Play, information, mark as watched, queue items, Play from here, Add to favorite and Manage are found in Context Menu.
5. Shut Down Menu – How to Use Kodi on Firestick
If you want to shut down/log off Kodi in your Firestick then you can use this Shut down menu option. Shut down Icon is found just above the Movies option in the Home screen of Kodi Estuary skin. You can easily get following options in Shut down Menu:
Exit: This option will help you to exit from Kodi media player only.
Power off System: It will completely power down your System.
Custom Shutdown Timer: You can also set a specific timer to shutdown Kodi on your Firestick or Amazon Fire TV with this option.
Suspend: It will completely suspend your Firestick or PC.
Reboot: You can re-start Firestick or computer with this option.
6. On Screen Keyboard:
You have also an option to use on screen Keyboard with your Firestick or computer. If some keys of your remote or keyboard are damaged and not working properly then you can use this alternative method i.e. on screen keyboard to type.
How to Use Kodi on Firestick to watch Movies for Free:
1. First of all, you need to launch Kodi media player on Firestick by pressing OK or enter button.
2. After this Kodi home screen will appear. On this Home screen you need to click Add-ons option. Now, if you have not installed any Free Video Add-ons like Covenant or Exodus then i surely recommend you to install it first. You can find the exodus installation guide on Kodi here:
3. If you have installed Exodus properly on Kodi for your Amazon Fire TV then click add-ons option from Home screen. After this, go to video add-ons section and click the Exodus add-on icon. Now, you will get Exodus main home screen where you will find options like Movies, TV shows, My Movies, My TV shows, new movies, new episodes, channels, Tools and Search.
4. Click on the Search option and select Movies option in it. Here type any movie you want to watch, for example I am typing “Robocop” movie to watch and press OK button. Now, you will get various movies which is related to Robocop keyword. Here select any movie you want to watch and wait for some time.
More about – How to use Kodi on Amazon Fire TV
5. After selecting movie, you will get a number of links from where you can watch movie. You must select the top link to watch movie properly: how to use Kodi on Firestick?
6. And BOOM Congrats! You have successfully stream free movie on Kodi with Amazon Fire TV. Now, if you want to adjust some settings for Audio or video simply press OK or enter key. Then click the gear setting icon on the right-bottom side of the screen. Here, you can select any option from Audio and subtitle setting, Video setting and Toggle audio stream. Make sure to adjust Volume amplification in the Audio and subtitle setting option.
7. To watch latest and most popular movies on Kodi you need follow this directory:
Home screen >> Add-Ons >> Exodus >> Movies >> Most Popular
8. At last, when you want to end watching movies just press OK or enter key and then Hit the Stop icon at the bottom. With these steps you can easily watch movies on Kodi with Amazon Fire TV.
- Motivational Hindi Songs for Success (Top 50 Inspirational Bollywood Songs)
- Funny best Friend Captions for Instagram (50 Quotes for Instagram selfies)
- Install kodi on firestick with pc
- Amazon fire stick kodi review
- How to install kodi on windows
- Can you watch live tv on amazon fire stick
- kodi 17 krypton addons
In Conclusion – How to Use Kodi on Firestick
Hence, I hope now you are much aware of using Kodi on Firestick. If you find this post useful then share it with your friends who are using Kodi to watch movies and TV shows. Also, if you have any suggestion or inquiry related to: how to use Kodi on Firestick? then write it in the comment box.
Save this URL because i will regularly update this post with new Kodi stuff! Thanks for visiting GeekGuruJi … keep visiting again for more cool Stuff!