How To Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number 2017: Hey Geeks, Right now if you are finding a way to track your lost mobile phone with the IMEI number then this article with help you a lot. In this article I will cover complete information which will help you to find your stolen mobile phone. This information will include:
- What is IMEI Number?
- How to Find IMEI Number of Phone?
- Alternate Option to Find IMEI Number of Your Lost Mobile Phone.
- Necessary steps to follow when you lost your Mobile Phone.
By using these steps you will get an idea to find your lost mobile phone: How To Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number.
How To Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number – Complete Guide
1. What is IMEI Number?
IMEI number stands for “International Mobile Equipment Identity” Number. In simple words, IMEI number is a unique 15 digits serial number which is given to a device (Mobile phone, 3G/4G Tablets or dongle) which uses a cellular Network like GSM. The main purpose of IMEI number is to provide a unique identity within the cellular Network.
2. How to Find IMEI Number of Phone?
- You can easily Find your mobile Phone’s IMEI number by dialing a unique code “*#06#” from your mobile phone.
- IMEI number is also available on your phone’s bill.
- You can find your phone’s IMEI number on the silver sticker, under the battery pack of your phone.
- IMEI number of your phone is also printed on the phone box.
3. Alternate Option to Find IMEI Number of Your Lost Mobile Phone:
- Go to the https://myaccount.google.com/dashboard.
- Now login with same Gmail account used in the phone.
- Now go to Android option and select it, you will get all Information of your device including IMEI number.
By using these above techniques you will easily get your IMEI number for searching you Mobile Phone: “How To Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number”.
4. Necessary steps to follow when you lost your Mobile Phone:
Now if you lost your phone, the steps which you need to follow are divided into two cases depending upon the Mobile phone you are using. The first case is for ‘feature phone’ (Normal Phone) and second case is for ‘SmartPhone’ (Android/iPhone). It is often seen that when you lost your Smartphone, you have more options to find it as compared to normal feature phone.
4.1. Steps to follow when you lost your feature/Normal Phone:
- If you lost your feature phone then you have only one option to go to police station with your lost phone IMEI number and then file a FIR.
- Tell them to block that phone or use surveillance mode to find that phone.
- Get the copy of that FIR from the police station.
- Get a duplicate SIM number from your local Mobile operator store and use it on another phone.
If you are lucky enough you will find your mobile phone. But in most cases it is difficult to feature/Normal phone: How To Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number.
4.2. Steps to follow when you lost your Android Phone:
- Type ‘Android Device Manager’ into the Google search box.
- Go to the Find My Device – Google result.
- Login with the same Gmail account, which you have used in your lost Android phone.
- If your lost android phone is connected to Internet, you will get exact location of it in the Google Map by ‘Google Find My Device‘.
- If you lost your android phone in your own house, you have one option ‘Play Sound‘ to Ring your Android cell phone with the loudest sound even if it is set to silent mode.
- By selecting ‘Lock Option‘ your lost Android smart phone will automatically lock and display a written message on it. You can type your request message to get back your lost phone.
- If you are damn sure that your phone is stolen by someone and there is no chance to get it back. Also if you are Worry about your private data in it, then you can use ‘Erase option’ for it. Your whole data will be erased from the device and then you have no option to locate it by yourself.
- After that you will left to only one option i.e. File a FIR in your nearest Police Station and get a help from police to locate it.
- Get a copy of FIR and apply for duplicate SIM Number from your nearest Mobile operator.
4.3. Steps to follow when you lost your iPhone:
- Now in case of lost iphone just type ‘iphone locator’ into the Google search engine.
- Now you have to select the Find My iPhone – iCloud result.
- After that just login with the same Apple account, which you have used in your lost iPhone phone.
- Now if your lost iphone is connected to Internet, you will get exact location of it by ‘Find My iphone – iCloud’.
- Repeat the necessary steps as told in earlier cases of lost of Android and Feature phone.
If you follow these steps as soon as possible, you surely get your Mobile phone. If you have any question or suggestion about this, do comment us in the comment box. Thanks for reading this article: How To Track Lost Mobile With IMEI Number.